Woermann & Brock
On 1 October 1894 the “Damara & Namaqua Handelsgesellschaft mbH” was established in Hamburg to carry on trade in the German colony South West Africa. From 1900 until the beginning of World War 1, at times up to 32 branches of this company existed in places such as Lüderitz, Rehoboth, Outjo, Tsumeb, Grootfontein, Keetmanshoop etc.
In 1960 Konrad Woermann took charge of the management of Woermann, Brock & Co. Under his leadership during the early 1990’s the business in Independence Avenue was enlarged and turned into a modern supermarket. Branches were erected in Klein Windhoek, Katutura and Olympia. In 1998 he entrusted the management to his sons Jesko and Ingo Woermann and in 2001 retired due to failing health.
gnoring the opportunities in the northern regions of Namibia would be unlike Woermann Brock and subsequently a large wholesaler now serves the Ondangwa whilst Oshakati is covered with a supermarket as well as a separate wholesaler.
Physical Address Headoffice: Pelican St, Tauben Glen, Windhoek
SUPPORT to the NCA in 2015:
Sponsoring dried fruits and nuts for competitions
>>> click on the headline to access the website of Woermann & Brock <<<