Raspberry Swirl Ice-cream Cake
2 cups cream
tin condensed milk (about 400ml)
1/3 cup frozen berries, thawed and pureed
150g fresh raspberries or any berries (fresh or frozen)
- Line base and sides of a 20cm round cake pan with plastic wrap and non-stick baking paper.
- Using an electric beater, beat together cream and condensed milk until soft peaks form. Pour into prepared pan.
- Dollop berry puree over the cream. Gently swirl over top with skewer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer and gently ease cake out of pan and place on serving plate.
- Scatter over raspberries. Sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
Note: Will keep in freezer for 2 weeks Serves 8-10
- Instead of using a round cake time you can pour into muffin tin (a silicon muffin pan ensures it pops out easily.
- If you want a more oriental style ice-cream you can use coconut cream instead of the cream, and pineapple instead of the berries.
< Menage of Australian Beef Rump with Potato Tower, Carrot Puree & Cabernet Sauvignon Reduction